Rosh Hashanah marks the start of the Jewish year 5781. OMA Comp wishes all who celebrate a healthy and sweet year.
Website Shopping Carts Offer Convenience and Increase Sales
If you sell online, one of the biggest resources you cannot underestimate is the power of a shopping cart. For the average consumer, a cart is not only a convenience but a necessity because our lives are typically busy and filled with daily distractions. What’s in it for you? When a shopping cart is used effectively, sales can skyrocket. Keep reading to learn why you need a shopping cart and how to use it to your advantage.
- Stores Customers Product Information The added convenience of having all potential purchases in one place is a huge plus for online shoppers. After a customer adds an item to their cart, even if they’re distracted or forget what they wanted, then all they do is check their cart and poof! The items are there and ready to be bought.
- Encourages More Purchases When a customer adds products to their cart, they don’t have to worry about making the transaction quickly. This puts customers at ease and helps them relax. When a customer doesn’t feel rushed to buy something, they’re more likely to check out different items from the store. This means increased sales for your business.
- Abandoned Carts Now you might think abandoned carts are a bad thing but what’s even worse is a store without a cart to be abandoned. Why exactly? Well, it’s simple! When a customer doesn’t make a purchase and abandons their cart, the store can be notified. What smart store owners do is encourage those that abandoned their cart to return. They do this by sending out email notifications to those individuals reminding them that they forgot to complete their purchase. This alone can turn a failing store into a profitable one.
Are you looking to increase sales and customer convenience for your store with a shopping cart and require professional assistance? Feel free to contact OMA Comp if you need help.
SEO Friendly Websites
If you hope to achieve free organic traffic from search engines like Google and Microsoft Bing, then you must have a website that is SEO friendly. Paying for web traffic is great when it converts into dollars but getting free traffic that earns you money is truly a beautiful thing. When it comes to making your website SEO friendly, below are a few things you cannot overlook.
- Page Load Speed The slower your website loads the worse it will rank. Google and other search engines have been implementing this requirement for quite some time now so if you want your site ranked high, then you must increase your site speed. See what your website’s speed is at Google Page Insights.
- Valuable Relevant Content Ever heard the saying “content is king”? Well, that’s because it is. If you are looking to get your site ranked on the first page of search engines, then make sure you have quality content for your readers. This is a massive variable when it comes to rankings.
- Optimize Your Website for Mobile More than 60% of all web traffic now comes from mobile devices. If your website isn’t optimized for mobile, this should be fixed immediately. If more than half of your viewers leave your website because it’s not optimized, this will directly impact your earning potential, and it will also hurt your SEO score.
- Create Backlinks and Crosslinks Backlinks are any link that comes into your website from an external site and crosslinks are any link that goes from one site you own to another site you own. The more quality links that are used, the more it will help your SEO rankings. Crosslinking should only be used if you own two sites that complement each other.
SEO can be complicated and frustrating so contact OMA Comp if you need any assistance. Once these key items are handled, you will be well on your way to improving your SEO.
Is Your E-commerce Shopping Cart Causing You to Lose Sales?
There is one thing that many online shoppers consider more important than cost. That essential component is convenience. The more a user struggles to check out, the more likely they are to change their mind.
The Baymard Institute released an E-commerce checkout usability study that covered seven years of testing and research. They found that 35% of consumers left because they had to take the time to create an account to buy and 27% felt that the checkout process took too long or was too complicated. And 22% experienced an error or crash when they tried to order.
All of these responses indicate a significant number of sales lost because of a poorly designed or malfunctioning online shopping cart.
Tips for Building Your Shopping Cart
There are important items to consider when you build a shopping cart. The following tips will help you get started.
- Look Through the Eyes of Your Customers – Make sure you view the experience through the eyes of your customers (UX design). This will help you identify problems and create a streamlined finished product.
- Don’t Overload the User with Unnecessary Content – Content is critical on your website but don’t add any unnecessary content to your shopping cart page. Keep it straightforward without distractions or obstacles.
- Minimalist Design Works Best with Todays Shoppers – Internet users consistently prefer a minimalist web design for their shopping cart. Keep it simple, and they will be more likely to follow through with their purchases.
- Make Sure You Include a View Cart Button – Have a view cart button on your website. These are usually displayed in the upper, right-hand corner of every page. Make it easy for the user to jump right to the shopping cart anytime they want.
If you need to develop a new shopping cart or have questions about shopping cart design, we can help. Contact OMA Comp today to find out how you can convert more visitors into paying customers.
7 Signs That It’s Time for a New Website
Websites start to show their age quickly. In this era of fast-paced technological advancement, businesses must keep their pages looking modern and active. Is your website showing signs that it’s time for an upgrade?
- Not Made for Mobile Users – Mobile platforms have blown up in a big way. If you don’t have a mobile first site, then you could be missing out. This is a significant issue that should be addressed as soon as possible.
- Slow Response Time – You have seconds to hook a visitor and keep them browsing. Slow response time is enough to cause most users to navigate away. Plus, Chrome’s upcoming badge system will identify users who have slow sites.
- Poor Conversion Rates – Have conversion rates steadily declined or never improved? This is a sure sign that your website isn’t performing the way it should. Update your pages and give users a reason to come back and do business.
- Looks and Feels Outdated – Visit your competitors’ websites then return to yours. Does yours look and feel outdated in comparison? If so, chances are your website is behind and needs to catch up to compete.
- Small Changes Are Difficult – If small changes like adding a blog post or updating a product description are a challenge, then you need to update. Older platforms weren’t designed to be as intuitive and user-friendly as they are today.
- Lacking User Experience – View your website as a user. Do you feel like you can navigate freely and find what you need? Is the experience positive and satisfying? If not, then it may be time to add more features and functionality.
- Over Three Years Old – If your website is over 3 years old, chances are it needs to be updated. Many things have changed, including how search engines like Google rank pages.
Your website is an investment in your business. Make sure you have experts on the job. Contact OMA Comp today to discuss a redesign. We can build a new website and implement a marketing strategy to promote your business online.
We Wish You a Happy Thanksgiving!
From everyone at OMA Comp, we wish our clients, family and friends a warm and happy Thanksgiving holiday.
Our team of talented individuals on everything from IT to web services to graphics to marketing look forward to continue to strategize best solutions, implement technological advancements, and provide new tools for your business, so that your company can run smoothly and successfully. This is what keeps us so energized about the present and future.
We want to take this time of reflection and thankfulness to let you know how much your business means to us, and we hope to implement more innovative developments for your business in the coming months and years.