Instagram has solidified its position as a serious marketing and networking app. It’s a great place to build an audience and share product or service-related information. The platform currently houses over 200 million active monthly members giving around 1.6 billion likes daily. Being new on Instagram can be intimidating. What can you do to build your brand and your customer-base on this fast-paced social network?
- Take Your Hashtag Offline – Cross-promote your online presence with your offline network. Include your brand’s hashtag on business cards, receipts, signs, and in print ads.
- Talk to The People – If you are new on Instagram, then you need to get out there and interact. Use a mix of popular and long-tail keywords to reach more people. For example, make sure you use a trending hashtag like “#photooftheday,” “#instagood,” or “#tbt” to get involved in bigger conversations.
- Write Interesting Photo Captions – Storytelling is essential to getting followers. Make sure your photos are accompanied by a great caption that grabs attention and makes the user want to see more.
- Follow Your Industry’s Influencers – Turn on post notifications for the biggest influencers in your industry or niche. Make a point to interact with them when they post. Do this regularly to help get your name out there and build a relationship with that influencer.
- Control Your Tagged Photos – Under “Options” and “Photos of You” is an option to “Add Manually.” Turn this on so you can control which tagged photos show up on your profile. This will allow you to display your best performing or most engaging content.
Being new on Instagram doesn’t mean you won’t get noticed. Use the tips listed above and contact OMA Comp to discuss your internet marking goals and needs.