With the world dealing with pandemics, war, and cyber security attacks you might be at risk. Hackers are on increased alert with phishing scams and ransomware that unknowingly you might be exposed to.
OMA Comp put together this list for your safety and awareness:
- Set strong and unique passwords and keep them hidden, with a minimum of 10 characters (combination of letters, numbers, and symbols).
- Use two-factor authentication, most services and devices support it.
- Be aware of phishing scams, and educate yourself and your team. Knowledge is power in most cases.
- Keep in mind the risk from shared accounts, multiple users one login.
- Encrypt your backups, have it in two places cloud and local at a minimum. Know what you back up to avoid backing up passwords or sensitive data files.
- Use encrypted services Zix, ProtonMail for email communication, or Signal for a chat.
- At all times protect your internet traffic through VPN, firewalls, and antivirus software.
- Regularly maintain and audit your technology with updates and relevant software/hardware.
If any of the above does not seem familiar give us a call 248-867-0711. Our team has been making sure our clients are protected, educated, and ready when Cyber-attack hits. No matter how well you are protected the day will come you will be affected and unable to function. The difference is being caught by surprise and debilitated by it or being ready and back to the business the same day in most cases. Don’t learn the hard way, we are here to help. Schedule your consultation, training, or audit to be ahead of the bad guys.